Course in Miracles

Here we archive threads whose time for rest seems to us to have come. All visitors are welcome to read here, but no new threads or posts can be made in this space. Thus, these threads have earned a bit of peace and tranquility, and it behooves us all to grant them that.
Marcie

Course in Miracles

Post by Marcie »

I am in the process of reading "The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary R. Renard and it has me reeling--even though I have studied "Course in Miracles" for over 10 years. It is all about "undoing" everything that we've clutched on to all our lives and sends "religions" spinning down the drain (but not in a judgemental way, of course :D )

It reminds me a little of Neale Donald Walsh's book "Tomorrow's God" because they both turn current belief totally upside down.

Has anyone read read either of these books or studied (read would not be appropriate here) "The Course In Miracles?"
NewMoonDaughter

Re: Course in Miracles

Post by NewMoonDaughter »

Hello Marcie.
Renard's book has been on my "to read" list but I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I've read Walsch's first five "with God" books but haven't read "Tommorow's God" yet. And yes, I've been studying ACIM for a couple of years.
miko

ACIM

Post by miko »

I have had the Course doing me for about 8 yrs I think. Just heard about the Dissaperarring book. I will do it soon.As for the course ,it rings true to me and I use the local metings as a way to recalibrate my compus. I found the best way for me is reading it from bigging to end, tried doing the daily thing first but studying is working for me.Having been playing with Zen for over 25yrs and the course fits for me.I have been reading "ZEN its history and teahing " by Osho ,bargin bin, beautiful and benificial.I wish you strenght in your jouny. peace
zoofence
Site Admin

Post by zoofence »

I came across the Course in Miracles many years ago, not long after it was first published. I did the lessons first, pretty nearly one per day as prescribed. Then I read the text, and finally I read the manual. I keep the books on a nearby shelf, and refer to them from time to time. At my first introduction to them, they had a tremendous impact, generating a harvest I continue to reap.

I think if I had it to do over again, I’d do it in the same order: lessons, text, manual. For me, doing the daily lessons before reading the rest had the advantage, first, of establishing my commitment and surrender to the process (one a day, every day, day after day, month after month) and, second, by the nature of the lessons themselves, of thoroughly altering for me the way I perceived myself and my life, which changed everything once and for all time. In that respect, they are like Zen koans, and very powerful at that.